Day by Day cartoon

Wednesday, May 05, 2010

I found the leak...

I mentioned 2 post ago that there was water dripping from the ceiling of the downstairs bathroom, today I found the source- it was the upstairs toilet leaking through the wax ring. It was an easy enough repair and I replaced the toilet water shutoff valve and hose while I was in there but as soon as I put everything together, the fill valve began hanging up and not closing so I suppose I'll have to replace that tomorrow.

Which is ok because I have to buy a full sheet of sheetrock and some lumber tomorrow to repair the ceiling in the bathroom downstairs anyway. That drip had been soaking into the sheetrock and rotting some wood for a bit now so I've got a little bit of a task coming up. I got all the old stuff broke out and torn down tonight and all cleaned up- and it was a mess! Hopefully I'll be able to at least get the hole boxed back in before leaving for 3 days of fishing starting Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is your opportunity to speak up...